Monday, March 19, 2007

I Just Didn't Like The Pretzel Croissant


After all the buzz about this thing I drove to the Brentwood Country Mart to go to City Bakery and really didn't like it all that much. I had read about this in Rita Konig's 'girl about town' blog on www.dominomag.com and being a big fan of pretzels and croissants I could hardly wait to try this. I didn't love it. I thought I would so maybe the buildup was too great. It was still buttery like a good croissant but didn't have enough pretzel taste for me. I took about 2 bites of it. I did buy an oatmeal raisin cookie that was quite tasty but overall I was unimpressed with the City Bakery and the pretzel croissant. I am still missing all things NY and this made me miss the chocolate-filled croissant from the Bread Factory near 55Th and 8Th.

No comments: