Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things I Must Do: Use these spoons

Aren't these so pretty? My mom still asks me for a 'Christmas List' each year, which I love because it gives me a chance to ask for pretty things that I maybe wouldn't buy for myself, she has kept all the lists that my girls made since they were big enough to write and it's such fun to see what they wanted when they were small and how their tastes have changed over the years. Mine haven't changed much, though. I usually ask for the body lotion of a new scent that I love; last year was Miss Dior Cherie, the year before was Coco Mademoiselle and then I usually ask for some type of kitchen gadget which brings us to the demitasse spoons.

I fell in love with little spoons while in Europe. I began adding sugar to my cappuccino's just so I could use the itty bitty spoon. Hence, the Christmas List request for demitasse spoons. I can't believe how beautiful these ones are and I can't believe that I still haven't used them. It's like every area of my life was on hold for two years except for basic survival while my body dealt with Lyme Disease.

It feels so good to be back and thinking about pretty things again. I am trying to rebuild a social life now and one of my goals is to have someone over for coffee and use these gorgeous spoons. I'll have to polish them first, though. Two years is a long time to just sit around doing nothing - for me and the spoons!

No comments: