Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Oh My Hair

I am having a hair crisis and need some input from my readers. I went to see Lynette 2 weeks ago for a trim. I love Lynette and have followed her to 3 different salons and now she opened her own small salon in Studio City so I was especially excited to see her new place and try a new style. Remember, I have had the same long, straight hair with bangs for so many years and then last November Lynette gave me an angled chin-length bob and I loved it and felt so grown-up and sexy and vixenish (word?). I got so many compliments on the new 'do. OK, so 2 weeks ago I went to Lynette's new place and told her I wanted it a little shorter and 'choppy' all around the ends - softer, not so a-line-ish. Well, I don't like it now. It looked good the first two days and I'm not sure whether to go back and have it fixed or just wait until the first week of May and just get a new cut then. I need it to look FABULOUS for this wedding on May 12Th and decent again for the cruise at the end of May. I am trying very hard to be clear with myself on what I don't like about it. That's the hard part. I saw a woman last Tuesday night at a discussion group and she had the hair cut I want. Just like mine in the front but short, short, short in the back and it was adorable. So, am I dissatisfied because I want her hair now or am I truly unhappy with my cut? I think I look like my hair needs a trim now. I guess it's that choppy thing that makes it look that way. Not one person has complimented me on this cut. Last time I got 'Oh, I love your hair' now I have heard from several neighbors and friends the exact same thing 'Oh, you cut your hair again'. So, here is my dilemma: Do I go back and ask her to re-cut it to look like that woman from last week or do I let it go another 4 weeks? Advice, please! I will look for pictures of how mine looks and how I think I want it to look and post them here as soon as possible...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet 9 Hair Salon & Tea Room
7361 Melrose
Dawn rocks!
She does razor cuts which may be a less formal look than what you're going for for a wedding - more rock-n-rollery but great.
I'm going there today.
Hope it helps
Your new reader, Cap N Crunch

Bon Vivant said...

Hi Cap'N - thanks for the suggestion! I'll set a time to go talk to Dawn. I am looking for something choppy and 'euro-chic' but not too extreme. How did your cut turn out? K~